The Alta Moda Unicomp audio compressor combines the best features of both modern and classic audio compressors into a single, dual-mono unit. At its heart is a unique gain cell/sidechain combination which gives the Unicomp its own distinctive sonic character. The Unicomp’s comprehensive set of sidechain features gives it true versatility and accuracy which make the unit superbly suited for tracking, mixing and mastering applications.
The Unicomp boasts a fully discrete, Class A, high voltage minimalist audio path. The amplifiers are DC servo-coupled, eliminating all coupling capacitors in the signal path.
The sidechain features a high accuracy logarithmic-scaled detector, with a choice of operating in RMS or peak rectifier modes. The Unicomp also allows the user, with a single switch, to change the compressor topology from a modern and accurate feed-forward detection scheme, to the classic and more colorful feedback approach; completely changing the sonic personality of the unit.
The Unicomp’s personality is further changed with the addition of the warmth control. Turning this control adds rich, second harmonic distortion to the signal that increases as compression increases, adding even more character to the sound. A switchable filter changes the contour of the affected signal, useful when processing more complex signals, such as mixes.
Another unusual feature of the unit is the blend control. The blend control allows the operator to mix unprocessed signal back into the compressor’s output path. This gives one the ability to create a more subtle compression effect on tracks such as vocals, or for blending back dry signal when heavy buss compression effects such as drum submixes are being processed. A high pass filter is included which blends only the higher audio frequencies back into the output path.
Alta Moda Unicomp Compressor Features
- Class A high voltage, discrete capacitor-free signal path
- Electronically balanced input, impedance balanced, single-ended output
- FET-based wide dynamic range gain cell eliminates the need for an input control
- Log-scaled detector responds more like the human ear than linear detection systems
- Choice of RMS (excellent for overall level reduction) or peak mode (great for catching fast transients)
- Threshold knee control – can switch between hard knee for instantaneous gain reduction, or soft knee mode, for a subtle engaging of compression over several dB
- Continuously variable threshold, ratio, attack and release controls
- Switchable sidechain insert for keying and detector signal equalization
- Feed-forward/feedback – switches between the basic topologies. Feed-forward is precise and can yield high compression ratios. Feedback mode is more subtle, and can yield interesting compression artifacts, including the shifting of attack and release time constants.
- Warmth control – adds 2nd harmonic distortion, increasing as compression increases
- Warmth filter – high pass filter bringing out more mid-range frequency distortion
- Blend – mixes dry, input signal back into output path
- Blend filter- high pass filter returns only dry, upper frequencies back into output
- Dual mono/stereo – completely independent channels can be linked for stereo operation
- Sidechain L and R are summed after the rectifiers
- Gain makeup – increases output amplifier level from unity to compensate for lost level when compressing
- High-quality construction – premium components for long life
The includes a 1 Year return to base warranty. This warranty applies to all equipment which has developed a manufacturer defect during application. Please contact us to confirm the availability and lowest price for any product. For quotes and price matching requests, contact us and include the competing website address.
|Condition||Sealed / New|
|Delivered Price||Shown at checkout|
Look no further than AudioDubai when buying gear online in the United Arab Emirates , always at the lowest price with free shipping to all locations serviced by FEDEX UAE. Please contact us for stock availability , price quotes , expedited shipping quotes or to arrange a return of your (for the full purchase price of ). You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. AudioDubai are very proud to carry a large selection of gear. You demand quality, reliability, and innovative design from your gear, and we're here to help you find exactly what you need. We're glad to answer any questions you have and you can always depend on AudioDubai to give you the best possible value on musical instruments and accessories with responsive customer service.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I check for stock levels?
Email "firstname.lastname@example.org" to enquire about current stock levels for the . We aim to stock popular items at all times and are able to quickly order in products if they are currently not in stock. In the event of product backorder or product discontinuation your order will be cancelled and a payment request (Paypal) will not be processed.
Do we ship products internationally?
Yes. AudioBuy ship the majority of products to all international locations serviced by FEDEX. You will be notified during checkout if your order is unable to be delivered to your region due to manufacturer restrictions and/or other shipping restrictions. All listed prices are inclusive of FEDEX shipping costs.
What is the process after I checkout?
Following checkout your order number will be generated and stock availability confirmed before a Paypal invoice is emailed to your registered email address. If your order is not in stock and cannot be shipped within 10 business days then your order will be cancelled. If your order is in stock or can be ordered from the manufacturer for FEDEX dispatch within 10 business days then we will email a Paypal invoice to complete payment.
When do I pay?
You do not pay at checkout. If your order is in stock or readily available from the manufacturer then a Paypal payment request (invoice) will be emailed to you 2-24 hours following checkout. This is to ensure that we do not collect payment for orders which cannot be promptly dispatched and delivered.
When will my Paypal invoice arrive?
Following checkout your Paypal invoice will be emailed to you within 24 hours if your entire is in stock or readily available with the manufacturer.
When will my order be delivered?
Following Paypal payment your order will be FEDEX dispatched within 1-2 business days if your order is in stock. If your order is only in stock with the manufacturer then we will require up to 10 business days to FEDEX dispatch your order. After your order has been shipped we will email your FEDEX tracking number to the email address you provided during checkout / account sign-up. The average FEDEX transit time is 3-5 business days to most international locations.
Can you price match with another retailer?
Yes. Contact "email@example.com" with the product name and the competing website's URL. Our total price including FEDEX delivery is currently . When comparing prices with other retailers be aware that their prices may not include international FEDEX shipping costs.
Do we sell used or second hand products?
No. AudioBuy only sell brand new and sealed products which are sourced from the respective and legitimate manufacturer ( ).
Do I need to have a Paypal account to complete payment?
No. Paypal provide the option of completing payment with your Paypal account if you are already a member , if you do not have a Paypal account you will be prompted to complete payment using a debit or credit card. All Paypal payments are subject to approval and will be promptly refunded if AudioBuy or Paypal review the transaction to be unauthorised.