Dual parallel amplifiers drive the sonic mojo of Bogner's Mephisto amplifier head, and they let you conjure tones not possible with any other configuration. The Mephisto combo sports two independent, switchable amplifiers: one voiced as a '50s American amp, while the other sounds like a '60s British amp. Switch between the two to cover massive tonal territory, or combine them for sounds you can't get without dual amplifiers. Depending on how you configure the amps, you'll have 12-, 18-, or 20-watts of power - which means the Bogner Mephisto amp head is perfect for your studio.
Bogner Mephisto Tube Amplifier Head
- Dual amplifiers for unmatched tonal flexibility
- Footswitchable power attenuator
- Impeccable Bogner craftsmanship
Dual amplifiers for unmatched tonal flexibility
Don't think of the Mephisto as a dual-channel amp, with a "clean" channel and a "dirty" one. Both of the Mephisto's dual amplifiers can go from clean to mean just using your guitar's volume control. You're getting the sound and feel of a '50s American amp, plus a '60s British amplifier, and you can switch between them OR combine them!
Footswitchable power attenuator
The Mephisto sports a variable power attenuator, and you can toggle it with the included footswitch (which also lets you switch or combine amplifiers). Running your amp at low wattage levels is the best way to get cranked-amp tones at civilized volume levels. It's perfect for studio use, especially when you factor in the wide range of tone already offered by the dual amplifier design.
Impeccable Bogner craftsmanship
When you get a Bogner amplifier like the Mephisto, you're getting an amp that had a whole lot of love put into it. Reinhold Bogner builds the Mephisto from real pine, with a baltic birch floating baffle - high-quality woods that are ultra-strong. Components are hand-selected, and a lot of science goes into how Bogner amplifiers are wired internally. In short, Bogner builds amplifiers that are meant to give you awesome tones for life.
Bogner Mephisto Tube amplifier head Features
- Innovative tube amplifier head with dual independent, switchable, parallel amplifiers
- Amp 1 is voiced to sound like a '50s American amp, with JJ ECC83 preamp tubes and 6V6 power tubes
- Amp 2 is voiced to sound like a '60s British amp, with Tungsol 12ax7 preamp tubes and EL84 power tubes
- High- and low-gain inputs to match any eletcric guitar
- Included footswitch lets you switch amps, run them in parallel, and also toggle the variable power attenuation
- Operates at 12-, 18-, or 20-watts depending on the selected amplifier configuration
- Pine cabinet with baltic birch floating baffle
- Single 8-ohm speaker output
Rock out with the dual parallel amplifiers in the Bogner Mephisto!
Bogner Mephisto Tube Guitar Amp Head Tech Specs
- Type Tube
- Number of Channels 2
- Total Power 12W/18W/20W
- Effects No effects
- Reverb No reverb
- EQ Tone, 6-way "Schizo" voicing selector, 3-way Bright switch
- Amp Modeling No amp modeling
- Number of Models No amp modeling
- Number of Tubes 8
- Preamp Tubes 2 x JJ ECC83 (Amp 1), 2 x Tungsol 12AX7 (Amp 2)
- Power Tubes 2 x 6V6 (Amp 1), 2 x EL84 (Amp 2)
- Inputs 2 x TS
- Outputs 1 x TS
- Footswitch I/O Yes
- Effects Loop No
- Height 10.5"
- Width 20.75"
- Depth 8.25"
- Weight 32 lbs.
- Manufacturer Part Number MEPH
Following checkout you will receive a Paypal invoice if your order is in stock or readily available with the manufacturer. Your Paypal account , credit card or debit card will not be charged if your order is not in stock or available with the manufacturer. In stock orders are shipped within 1-2 business days (FEDEX tracking details provided). Un-stocked orders require a special order from the manufacturer and ship within 7-10 business days.
The includes a 1 Year return to base warranty. This warranty applies to all equipment which has developed a manufacturer defect during application. Please contact us to confirm the availability and lowest price for any product. For quotes and price matching requests, contact us and include the competing website address.
|Condition||Sealed / New|
Contact us for stock availability , price quotes , expedited shipping quotes or to arrange a return of your (for the full purchase price of ). You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. AudioDubai are very proud to carry a large selection of gear. You demand quality, reliability, and innovative design from your gear, and we're here to help you find exactly what you need. We're glad to answer any questions you have and you can always depend on AudioDubai to give you the best possible value on musical instruments and accessories with responsive customer service.