The Chandler Limited TG2 Abbey Road Special Edition preamp is an spot-on re-creation of the rare EMI TG12428, found in the recording and mastering consoles of EMI (and later Abbey Road) studios in the late '60s and early '70s. The TG2 gives you a pair of top-shelf preamps, built using the original TG12428 schematics provided by Abbey Road and EMI. Get the sound of the preamp used in such recordings as The Beatles' Abbey Road and Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon albums - with Chandler Limited's TG2 Abbey Road Special Edition.
Chandler Limited TG2 Abbey Road Special Edition 2-channel Preamp
- There's history behind this amazing-sounding pre
- You get warmth and punch - plus an open, airy high end
- Put this in your rack and brace yourself for some serious tone
There's history behind this amazing-sounding pre
The Chandler Limited TG2 Abbey Road Special Edition is a re-creation of the rare EMI TG12428 preamp fitted in EMI/Abbey Road recording and mastering consoles of the late '60s and early '70s. This instantly identifiable sound was used on many legendary Abbey Road recordings, including The Beatles Abbey Road and Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon.
You get warmth and punch - plus an open, airy high end
The Chandler Limited TG2 Abbey Road Special Edition preamp incorporates the same discrete transformer-balanced amplifiers as the TG Series limiter, giving you a creamy, smooth tone with an open, airy high end. The sound, as described by many users, is imbued with classic Neve warmth and punch - but with a more open top end. The unit does indeed have a small rise in its high frequency response, along with some warmth-inducing distortion which contribute to its unique, punchy sound.
Put this in your rack and brace yourself for some serious tone
Chandler Limited's TG2 Abbey Road Special Edition preamp gives you a pair of top-shelf pres, built using the original EMI TG12428 design notes and circuit board drawings provided by Abbey Road and EMI. With an genealogy like that, this preamp's a no-brainer. When you plug into the Chandler Limited TG2 Abbey Road Special Edition preamp, you plug into the sound behind some of the most memorable recordings in classic rock history. Put the Chandler Limited TG2 Abbey Road Special Edition preamp in your rack and brace yourself for some serious tone.
Chandler Limited TG2 Abbey Road Special Edition 2-channel Preamp Features
- Topology based closely on the original EMI TG12428 at EMI/Abbey Road studio
- Discrete transformer-balanced amplifiers produce a warm tone with clear highs and rich lows
- Both channels have 1 x XLR I/O, plus 1 x TS for high-impedance instrument-level input
- Input gain ranges from +5dB to +75dB, in 15 steps
- Both channels have +48V phantom power, a phase reverse, and an impedance switch
- Impedance switch toggles between 300 ohms and 1200 ohms, to match any mic
- Channel output gain control lets run the input gain hot for extra color
- Summing option mixes both preamps using the TG2's discrete circuitry for a minimal signal path
- Note: this unit requires the Chandler Limited Power Supply
Get legendary sound, with the Chandler Limiter TG2 Abbey Road Special Edition!
Chandler Limited TG2 Abbey Road Special Edition Tech Specs
- Preamp Type Solid State
- Number of Channels 2
- Phantom Power Yes
- Analog Inputs 2 x XLR (Mic), 2 x 1/4" (Hi-Z)
- Analog Outputs 2 x XLR
- Rack Spaces 1U
- Depth 19"
- Manufacturer Part Number TG2
The includes a 1 Year return to base warranty. This warranty applies to all equipment which has developed a manufacturer defect during application. Please contact us to confirm the availability and lowest price for any product. For quotes and price matching requests, contact us and include the competing website address.
|Condition||Sealed / New|
|Delivered Price||Shown at checkout|
Look no further than AudioDubai when buying gear online in the United Arab Emirates , always at the lowest price with free shipping to all locations serviced by FEDEX UAE. Please contact us for stock availability , price quotes , expedited shipping quotes or to arrange a return of your (for the full purchase price of ). You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. AudioDubai are very proud to carry a large selection of gear. You demand quality, reliability, and innovative design from your gear, and we're here to help you find exactly what you need. We're glad to answer any questions you have and you can always depend on AudioDubai to give you the best possible value on musical instruments and accessories with responsive customer service.