The PCB-6A is a mono compressor which is described as being pretty agressive. The PBC-6A is FMR's latest offering in a line of massively underpriced professional audio gear. We've been waiting to get these in for a while now, and are proud to finally offer them. The PBC-6A differs from many other audio compressors in a couple of ways:
There’s no threshold in the PBC-6A. Unlike compressors with threshold controls, the signal passing through the PBC-6A is always being compressed rather than compressing only those parts of the signal that are above a set threshold. This makes the PBC-6A a non-linear, compression amplifier (CA).
Level Dependent Ratio
The PBC uses a feedback configuration to help achieve its function. Along with this, the PBC’s detector allows higher output signals to compress more than lower-level ones. With the lack of thresholding, the change in ratio is smooth and gradual from low-level signals to higher-level.
This allows a transition from lower-to-higher ratios to occur over a smaller range than would “naturally” happen. due to the feedback and detector configuration. These main features help the PBC-6A achieve a wide-range of compression effects—from delicate to crushed!
FMR Audio PBC-6A Mono Compressor Features
- Drive: The PBC’s feedback configuration makes it possible to vary both the amount of compression along with some intrinsic make-up gain in one control. This is it. The most compression is attained with the DRIVE control fully clockwise and at a minimum in the fully counterclockwise direction.
- Knee: The more clockwise this control, the smaller the change in the input signal that is required to achieve higher compression ratios. The more counterclockwise, the wider the change in the input signal that is required to achieve higher compression ratios.
- Attack: As with many other compressors, this controls how quickly the PBC will react to changes in the input signal. Subjectively, this control allows high frequencies to be more easily emphasized.
- Release: This control determines how quickly the PBC will return to its previous gain levels as the signal level decreases.
- Output: This provides a convenient means to help match levels between the PBC and subsequent devices. Two push button controls are present on the front panel as well:
- Bypass: Allows the selection of the signal present at the input jack or the output of the PBC’s balanced line driver.
- Thick: Alters the PBC’s release characteristics in a way that is perceived as a subtle “thickening” the sound
Following checkout you will receive a Paypal invoice if your order is in stock or readily available with the manufacturer. Your Paypal account , credit card or debit card will not be charged if your order is not in stock or available with the manufacturer. In stock orders are shipped within 1-2 business days (FEDEX tracking details provided). Un-stocked orders require a special order from the manufacturer and ship within 7-10 business days.
The includes a 1 Year return to base warranty. This warranty applies to all equipment which has developed a manufacturer defect during application. Please contact us to confirm the availability and lowest price for any product. For quotes and price matching requests, contact us and include the competing website address.
|Condition||Sealed / New|
Contact us for stock availability , price quotes , expedited shipping quotes or to arrange a return of your (for the full purchase price of ). You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. AudioDubai are very proud to carry a large selection of gear. You demand quality, reliability, and innovative design from your gear, and we're here to help you find exactly what you need. We're glad to answer any questions you have and you can always depend on AudioDubai to give you the best possible value on musical instruments and accessories with responsive customer service.