The Jensen Twin Servo 990 mic preamp is considered the worlds finest mic preamp by audio experts. It's the ideal integration of advanced design software, hardware, engineering know-how, and carefully controlled 'golden ears' tests. It has earned high marks for sonic performance since its introduction in 1988.
The basic circuit was originally published as an application note by Jensen for their finest microphone input transformer, the JT-16-B. Each channel uses two precision 990C operational amplifiers modules, developed and patented by Jensen, to achieve one tenth the distortion and twice the bandwidth of a single stage design.
The Jensen Twin Servo 990 has a 19" wide mainframe rack-mount chassis (1.75"H x 19"W x 8"D) and can be ordered with 1 to 4 channels. Additional channels can be easily added later up to the total capacity of the mainframe.
The Jensen Twin Servo 990 can be ordered with either a 20 ohm mic switch OR a 20dB pad switch.
John Hardy Co. Jensen Twin Servo 990 Mic Pre (4 CHANNEL) Highlights
- JT-16-B - input transformer
- Two 990 discrete op-amps per channel - faster, quieter, more powerful and better sounding than typical monolithic op-amp
- Elimination of all coupling capacitors from the signal path - results in less degradation of the audio signal
- JT-11-BMQ - output transformer
- Input bias current compensation circuitry and DC servo circuitry - eliminates signal degrading coupling capacitors
John Hardy Co. Jensen Twin Servo 990 Mic Pre (4 CHANNEL) Features
- Fully sealed conductive plastic gain control - provides smooth continuos gain adjustments from 16dB to 60dB
- 20 Ohm mic switch
- Polarity reverse switch
- Phantom power switch
- All front panel switches are LED illuminated
- Gold plated XLR connectors - for maximum reliability
- Ground lift switch on each channel - helpful for eliminating ground loops
- VU-1 - very accurate and informative 20 segment LED meter, with separate peak LED, for monitoring preamp output
- Toroidal power transformer with additional shielding - eliminates hum problems so no external power supply is needed
- Universal power supply - internal switch provides six primary voltage choices to accommodate use anywhere in the world
- Chassis ground isolation switch - helpful for eliminating ground loops
- Pin 2 or pin 3 high - internal jumpers make changes in the field easy
Following checkout you will receive a Paypal invoice if your order is in stock or readily available with the manufacturer. Your Paypal account , credit card or debit card will not be charged if your order is not in stock or available with the manufacturer. In stock orders are shipped within 1-2 business days (FEDEX tracking details provided). Un-stocked orders require a special order from the manufacturer and ship within 7-10 business days.
The includes a 1 Year return to base warranty. This warranty applies to all equipment which has developed a manufacturer defect during application. Please contact us to confirm the availability and lowest price for any product. For quotes and price matching requests, contact us and include the competing website address.
|Condition||Sealed / New|
Contact us for stock availability , price quotes , expedited shipping quotes or to arrange a return of your (for the full purchase price of ). You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. AudioDubai are very proud to carry a large selection of gear. You demand quality, reliability, and innovative design from your gear, and we're here to help you find exactly what you need. We're glad to answer any questions you have and you can always depend on AudioDubai to give you the best possible value on musical instruments and accessories with responsive customer service.