The NXT Series Double Bass opens up a new horizon for the serious bassist looking to play a great instrument on a limited budget. Available in four- and five-string configurations, these instruments are produced in the Czech Republic by the same craftsmen who build NS Design's renowned CR Series.
Pizzicato and arco techniques have almost unlimited expressive potential, thanks to the Polar Pickup System. A convenient switch allows selection of the traditional arco mode for percussive attack and dynamic bowed response, or pizzicato mode for a smooth, sustained tone. Passive electronics deliver unlimited overhead for the ultimate sound without cumbersome batteries.
The NXT bass now incorporates NS Design's innovative JackPot potentiometer in its volume and tone controls. Conventional passive volume and tone controls work by siphoning a portion of the output signal to ground, and continue to hold back a portion of the pickup's signal even when turned up all the way. The JackPot incorporates a rotary switch that disengages the ground when turned fully clockwise, sending 100% of the instrument's signal to the amplifier. The result is a fuller, richer tone, with more power, detail, and overall intensity.
The solid maple body and neck, together with the graduated ebony fingerboard, deliver a rich, full tone that rings true for every note. Asymmetrical fingerboard relief facilitates an even 'growl' from the higher strings and a clear, powerful lower register. The adjustable bridge and truss rod allow for low, fast action, or for higher string settings that encourage the traditional acoustic player to 'dig in' with gusto.
NS Electric Strings and most traditional acoustic strings fit all NS Double Basses, allowing the player to select from a wide range, each with a unique sound a feel. In combination with the easy adjustment of basic set-up parameters, the NXT Series Bass is adaptable to many different styles of music.
A wide array of interchangeable support systems make the NXT Double Bass adaptable to virtually any situation. Standard equipment includes a self-supporting tripod stand with full adjustments for height and angle. A more traditional end pin stand is available, as well as shoulder strap options that allow for full mobility. The End Pin Stand conversion kit attaches to the tripod stand to hold the instrument upright for on-stand performance or when not in use.
The NXT bass brings world-class design and craftsmanship to a surprisingly affordable price range. With a visual appearance as striking as its sound, the roadworthy NXT is an exciting and reliable partner for the most demanding performance career.
NS Design NS NXT4 Omni Bass Features
- 4-string model
- BODY/NECK: Solid, straight grain maple, with maple face (Black model) or flame maple face (Sunburst model) on body
- FINGERBOARD: Hand-graduated ebony. Intonation referenced with cascading dot markers
- TRUSS ROD: Single Action, accessible at nut
- TUNING HARDWARE: 12:1 ratio, fully encased worm gear tuners, black finish
- POLAR PICKUP: The Polar directional piezo pickup system responds selectively to lateral string vibration, for bowing and for the percussive plucked response of a traditional acoustic instrument, or to vertical string vibration, for remarkable even and sustained plucked sound more like a guitar. A switch allows the player to choose the desired response
- ELECTRONICS & CONTROLS: Passive circuit with high impedance output, no batteries required. Volume control and Tone control (treble roll off)
- INTERCHANGEABLE SUPPORT SYSTEMS:
- Tripod Stand (standard): Black painted steel, fully adjustable, self-standing tripod design Folds for easy storage and fits into gig bag
- End Pin Stand (optional): fully adjustable height and balance for stability and ease of play
- Shoulder Strap Systems (optional): The Boomerang strap allows the instrument to be placed into virtually any position for plucking and bowing. The Frame strap holds the instrument out from the body, providing a more traditional bowing position. Both styles use a single guitar-style shoulder strap for full mobiity.
- CASES Gig Bag standard: Nylon 137 cm (54") long; 8.2 kg (15lb.) loaded weight with handle and shoulder strap
NS Design NS NXT4 Omni Bass Specifications
- LENGTH: 132cm (52")
- WIDTH: 15cm (6")
- THICKNESS: 10cm (4")
- WEIGHT: 4.8kg (10.5lb.)
- SCALE LENGTH: 106cm (41.73")
- STRINGS: 4 or 5 (Low B or high C)
The includes a 1 Year return to base warranty. This warranty applies to all equipment which has developed a manufacturer defect during application. Please contact us to confirm the availability and lowest price for any product. For quotes and price matching requests, contact us and include the competing website address.
|Condition||Sealed / New|
|Delivered Price||Shown at checkout|
Look no further than AudioDubai when buying gear online in the United Arab Emirates , always at the lowest price with free shipping to all locations serviced by FEDEX UAE. Please contact us for stock availability , price quotes , expedited shipping quotes or to arrange a return of your (for the full purchase price of ). You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. AudioDubai are very proud to carry a large selection of gear. You demand quality, reliability, and innovative design from your gear, and we're here to help you find exactly what you need. We're glad to answer any questions you have and you can always depend on AudioDubai to give you the best possible value on musical instruments and accessories with responsive customer service.