Phoenix Audio is dedicated to the development of Class A discrete technology used within high build-quality equipment designed for both the professional and the home studio environment.The DRS-8 Mic-Pre uses our well proven and loved Class A output stage (DSOP-2) coupled with our custom wound transformer, but also has our latest breakthrough in transformerless Class A, Discrete Mic Input Technology which gives a “valve-like” sound. The new DRS-8 MK2 has been improved with a new PSU board and power transformer offering greater power and much improved overall noise performance. It has also become more flexible by offering detented output channel pots for easier recall. The preamp has also been redesigned for greater ease of use during recording by changing the HPF to 80hz from 120hz, and replaced the 30db pad with a 15db pad. The DRS-8 is the culmination of over 40 years experience designing Class A circuitry within the Audio Recording Industry.The DRS-8 is based on the first Phoenix unit the DRS2, this bespoke product was launched by Phoenix Audio in November 1999, and has enjoyed an almost “cult” following ever since. The Class A output stage (TF1) was originally designed by David Rees, the designer of the famous Neve 2253 Limiter and 2254 Limiter/compressor (amongst many other designs), as a retrofit for Neve modules, and the TF1 has now been superseded by the DSOP2 output stage.The Class A, discrete, truly balanced, transformerless microphone input stage was designed to out-perform any transformer input for frequency response, yet has all the characteristics expected in a high quality Class A design.
Phoenix Audio DRS-8 MK2 Specifications
- 8 Channel 2U – 19” Rack-mount unit: With 240V/110V mains voltage input selector switch Inputs
- Connections: Combo XLR/1/4” jack sockets on Rear Panel for Mic inputs, line inputs & DI inputs
- Output connections: XLR’s on rear panel
- Additional outputs: 25 pin “D” style connector on the rear panel (wired “Tascam” Standard)
- Gain Range (Mic input): -30 to -70 in 5dB steps With 10dB more available on the fader.
- Gain Meter: LED Metering. 5 LED Meter on each channel (with hysteresis)
- Phantom Power: Switchable 48V phantom on Push-button switch
- High Pass Filter: on Push-button Switch (Roll-off -6dB per octave @ 120Hz)
- Phase Reverse: on Push-button Switch
- Mute: On Push-button switch.
- Mic/Line Push-button switch: Enables Flexibility for input levels.
- Phoenix Audio’s unique Class A, transformerless, True balanced Mic input stage.
- Transformer-balanced Output on each channel: Driven by the Phoenix Audio
- Class A DSOP-2 fully discrete output stage, each transformer is custom wound.
- Class A (DSOP-2) Output specs . Frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz +- 0.5dB, MaximumOutput = +26dBu @ 1kHz, Noise = -90dB @ 20Hz to 20kHz.
- Frequency Response Mic Input Stage: -0.4dB @ 40Hz, -0.3dB @ 25kHz
- All units are wired with PTFE silver military grade cable
|Condition||Sealed / New|
|Delivered Price||Shown at checkout|
Look no further than AudioDubai when buying gear online in the United Arab Emirates , always at the lowest price with free shipping to all locations serviced by FEDEX UAE. Please contact us for stock availability , price quotes , expedited shipping quotes or to arrange a return of your (for the full purchase price of ). You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. AudioDubai are very proud to carry a large selection of gear. You demand quality, reliability, and innovative design from your gear, and we're here to help you find exactly what you need. We're glad to answer any questions you have and you can always depend on AudioDubai to give you the best possible value on musical instruments and accessories with responsive customer service.
All payments are processed securely by Paypal , offering both buyer and seller protection. Online orders are confirmed in stock and ready to ship before Paypal payment is completed. orders ship FEDEX and will require signature upon delivery. Orders are typically delivered within 4-5 business days following dispatch. Fedex tracking details are provided for all orders.
Import duty and taxes are due when importing goods into the United Arab Emirates , Saudi Arabia , Bahrain , Kuwait , Oman and Qatar. The valuation method is CIF (Cost, Insurance and Freight), which means that the import duty and taxes payable are calculated on the complete shipping value, which includes the cost of the imported goods + the cost of freight (Total ). No additional taxes or fees are levied on imports. Duty rates in UAE vary from 0% to 100%, with an average duty rate of 4.61%. There is no sales tax applicable on imports into the United Arab Emirates. Imports with a CIF value up to AED1000 are exempt from duty. There are no other taxes or fees charged on imports in UAE.
Free shipping throughout the UAE , Dubai , Abu Dhabi , Qatar , Kuwait , Bahrain , Oman and Saudi Arabia.
|Order Value (Before Tax)||Tax + Duty (Approx)||~Total (Delivered)|
orders are shipped from our warehouse in the US and maybe subject to import taxes/duties applied by customs in Dubai , Abu Dhabi etc. The import tax in the UAE is imposed by the United Arab Emirates / Dubai Customs.
To ensure 100% customer satisfaction , AudioDubai offer a 14 day return policy and price matching. Our knowledgeable staff are here to help with queries you may have about the , prices in the United Arab Emirates , stock availability etc. We will help you to select from the best products available. Contact our experts to find the best product to suit your style or buy the at the best price in the United Arab Emirates. Make your shopping experience a wonderful one with AudioDubai!