The Headload Prodigy is a combination load box and DI that lets you drive your guitar amp at a higher output in order to maximize the tone, yet produce a lower stage volume when needed.
Like the larger Headload, the Prodigy employs custom made cement-encrusted ceramic-coated resister coils to convert the excessive power from the amplifier to heat and is able to comfortably withstand up to 100 watts RMS. The Prodigy may be used in three different ways, depending on the need: First, it may be used as a direct box via the built-in Radial JDX Reactor. The hugely popular JDX combines a reactive load with a proprietary filter bank to emulate the tone of a 4 x 12 half stack. This features 100% discrete class-A circuitry for optimal tone and transformer isolation to eliminate hum and buzz caused by ground loops. Designed to replace a microphone, the JDX delivers greater consistency while eliminating concerns such as stage resonance, bleed from other instruments and problematic room acoustics which can play havoc on the tone.
Second, the Prodigy may be used as a load box where you can attenuate the output from 100% down to 50% to drive your amp harder while keeping the volume down to a comfortable level. Finally, the prodigy can be used without a speaker cabinet for completely silent recording. This is particularly useful in small venues where the speaker cabinet on stage may conflict with the sound in the room. It is also great for silent recording where you want to take advantage of 'high power' amp distortion without upsetting the neighbors.
In order to optimize the playing experience for in-ear monitors, a dual band EQ lets you optimize bass and treble settings. Two additional 1/4" outputs enhance connectivity: The first is direct from the amp while the second is post EQ post JDX. These are used to feed additional amplifiers or effects and adjusted using the front panel level control. A second level control is used to adjust the built-in headphone amplifier for silent practicing.
Housed in 14-gauge steel to help keep magnetic radiation at bay, the Headload Prodigy features a handy carry handle plus Radial's unique book-end design that creates a protective zone around the switches and controls. The internal I-beam construction adds tremendous rigidity, protecting the sensitive PC board from being torqued which could lead to solder joints going cold prematurely.
- Load box with 100%, 50% and silent attenuation
- Let's you drive your amp hard for best tone
- JDX Reactor direct output for PA and monitors
- Built-in headphone amp for practicing
Radial Headload Prodigy Tube Guitar Amp Attenuator Specs
- Audio Circuit Type: Passive attenuation circuit with active equalization
- Frequency response: Shaped to emulate a classic guitar cabinet
- Gain: -30dB/-42dB
- Noise floor: -106dBu
- Maximum input: 130 watts continuous
- Total harmonic distortion: 0.05%
- Intermodulation distortion: 0.05%
- Input / output impedance: 4 , 8 , 16 speaker load (model dependent)
- Output level max 1 KHz: +17dBu
- Output level max 20Hz: +14dBu
- Gain reduction: 100%, 50%, 0%
- Equalization: Low EQ: +/9dB @ 80Hz
- High EQ: +/9dB @ 6 KHz
- Headphone output: 400mW into 32
- Unbalanced line out: Hi-Z 1/4", pre or post EQ
- Balanced line out: 250 post EQ
- Ground lift: Disconnects pin-1 at the XLR input
- Power: Radial +/-15V 400mA power supply
- Construction: 14 gauge steel chassis & outer shell
- Finish: Durable powder coat
- Size: (L x W x H) 10.25 x 5.9 x 3.75" (260.3 x 149.7 x 95.2mm)
- Weight: 5.3lbs (2.4kg)
The includes a 1 Year return to base warranty. This warranty applies to all equipment which has developed a manufacturer defect during application. Please contact us to confirm the availability and lowest price for any product. For quotes and price matching requests, contact us and include the competing website address.
|Condition||Sealed / New|
|Delivered Price||Shown at checkout|
Look no further than AudioDubai when buying gear online in the United Arab Emirates , always at the lowest price with free shipping to all locations serviced by FEDEX UAE. Please contact us for stock availability , price quotes , expedited shipping quotes or to arrange a return of your (for the full purchase price of ). You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. AudioDubai are very proud to carry a large selection of gear. You demand quality, reliability, and innovative design from your gear, and we're here to help you find exactly what you need. We're glad to answer any questions you have and you can always depend on AudioDubai to give you the best possible value on musical instruments and accessories with responsive customer service.