The FAMULUS is a distortion/overdrive pedal with two totally separate, parallel circuits inside. Each circuit has it’s own distinct voicing. You are able to blend between the two for any conceivable combination.
Red Witch Famulus Distortion Pedal Controls
- Volume: Controls the overall output of the device – the output of both circuits are controlled in parallel by this control.
- Tone: This is more like a presence control than a tone ( don’t ask why we didn’t call it presence) – and like the volume dial both circuits run through it – a parallel tone control (Presence control “ Be quiet man…… you told them it was a tone control”) It works backwards, by the way.
- Gain A: This sets the distortion/OD level of the first circuit – it’s a really biting, crunchy sound with masses of dynamic scope – set it really low and the guitar sounds almost clean, wind it fully clockwise and you’re suddenly moved to uncontrollable head banging, power chording, 8th note chugging, metal. Yussssssssssss.
- Gain B: This sets the distortion /OD level of the second circuit. This one is bitey too but it has a mid range punch and spank. Like it’s brother, Gain B can clean up and then get down and dirty when turned clockwise.
- Alchemy: This is where things get rather interesting. The alchemy control enables you to blend between to the two separate circuits – Fully anticlockwise gives you only Gain A, fully clockwise gives you only Gain B. Set it anywhere in between and you are now creating your own unique combination. Now try this (You can’t see it, but I’m actually shaking with anticipation ….) set Gain A to a really clean setting – around 7 o’clock, then set Gain B to a dirtier setting, round 12 o’clcock, now set the Alchemy control fully counter clockwise. Now play – you’ll just hear the clean sound of Gain A. Now gradually wind the Alchemy control around clockwise – to say 9 o’clock – LISTEN! Clean and dirty! Dial up any variation of the two channels and their respective gain levels an almost limitless palate with which to create your own unique sound!
Red Witch Famulus Distortion Pedal Power
The Famulus can be powered from either a nine volt battery or an external nine volt dc adapter (the Boss PSA style is ideal though anything with 2.1mm barrel plug with a negative centre pin is fine.
The Famulus comes finished in vintage pearl with midnight black text.The LED is a brilliant ruby red. All components are top notch; Switchcraft jacks, alpha pots, through hole double sided circuit boards with groundplane shielding etc etc. What more could you want?
The includes a 1 Year return to base warranty. This warranty applies to all equipment which has developed a manufacturer defect during application. Please contact us to confirm the availability and lowest price for any product. For quotes and price matching requests, contact us and include the competing website address.
|Condition||Sealed / New|
|Delivered Price||Shown at checkout|
Look no further than AudioDubai when buying gear online in the United Arab Emirates , always at the lowest price with free shipping to all locations serviced by FEDEX UAE. Please contact us for stock availability , price quotes , expedited shipping quotes or to arrange a return of your (for the full purchase price of ). You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. AudioDubai are very proud to carry a large selection of gear. You demand quality, reliability, and innovative design from your gear, and we're here to help you find exactly what you need. We're glad to answer any questions you have and you can always depend on AudioDubai to give you the best possible value on musical instruments and accessories with responsive customer service.
What is the process after I checkout?
Following checkout your order number will be generated and stock availability confirmed before a Paypal invoice is emailed to your registered email address. If your order is not in stock and cannot be shipped within 10 business days then your order will be cancelled. If your order is in stock or can be ordered from the manufacturer for FEDEX dispatch within 10 business days then we will email a Paypal invoice to complete payment.
Following checkout your Paypal invoice will be emailed to you within 24 hours if your entire is in stock or readily available with the manufacturer (Monday-Friday). You will receive a Paypal invoice (request for payment) from AudioBuy or from one of our shipping partners.
When do I pay?
You do not pay at checkout. If your order is in stock or readily available from the manufacturer then a Paypal payment request (invoice) will be emailed to you from AudioBuy or from one of our shipping partners. This is to ensure that we do not collect payment for orders which cannot be promptly dispatched and delivered.
Will my shipped order be delivered safely and securely?
All paid orders are shipped with FEDEX and are marked as "fragile" to ensure that your ordered items are securely and safely handled prior to final delivery. All orders are dispatched with protective casing and packaging to further protect your ordered item(s) during transit to your delivery address. All orders require signature upon delivery to ensure that your order is delivered to the correct recipient at the correct address , apartment number etc. If you are unavailable at the time of delivery your order will be held at the local FEDEX center and a calling card left at your delivery address to organise re-delivery or pickup.
How do I check for stock levels?
Email "email@example.com" to enquire about current stock levels for the . We aim to stock popular items at all times and are able to quickly order in products if they are currently not in stock. In the event of product backorder or product discontinuation your order will be cancelled and a payment request (Paypal) will not be processed.
What are our hours of operation?
Stock inventory and order related enquiries are monitored and responded to everyday excluding major public holidays (Monday-Sunday). Orders are physically shipped during standard FEDEX hours (Monday-Friday , excluding major public holidays). Paypal invoices for order processing are issued Monday-Friday excluding major public holidays.
When will my order be delivered?
Following Paypal payment your order will be FEDEX dispatched within 1-2 business days if your order is in stock. If your order is only in stock with the manufacturer then we will require up to 10 business days to FEDEX dispatch your order. After your order has been shipped we will email your FEDEX tracking number to the email address you provided during checkout / account sign-up. The average FEDEX transit time is 3-5 business days to most international locations.
Can you price match with another retailer?
Yes. Contact "firstname.lastname@example.org" with the product name and the competing website's URL. Our total price including FEDEX delivery is currently . When comparing prices with other retailers be aware that their prices may not include international or domestic FEDEX shipping costs.