Think of a tube preamp that rekindles your romance with your mic collection. Now imagine caressing your signal with a sought-after vintage tube equalizer and massaging it with a legendary British variable-mu valve compressor. Lastly, picture a 2U device with all this sonic wonderment built-in. AudioBuy.com.au Australia has good news - this superb tube channel strip is a reality: the Retro Powerstrip. Brainchild of Retro mastermind Phil Moore - who is renowned for designing amazing-sounding tube gear, the Powerstrip imparts its inimitable aural enchantment to everything you pass through it. Put a Retro Powerstrip in your rack, and you'll be in love.
- Enough gain for any mic in your locker
- Classic American tube EQ
- British variable-mu compression
Enough gain for any mic in your locker
You can think of the Retro Powerstrip as your classic-studio-in-a-box: a channel strip that gives you the magical sound of a vintage tube console, a Pultec-style tube equalizer, and a British-vibed tube compressor - all in one compact 2U rackmount chassic. The Powerstrip's transformer-coupled Class A preamp has enough gain for any mic in your locker - yes, even your prized ribbons; and its instrument input is a nice modern touch. The Powerstrip may well be the best-sounding DI you've ever used. This splendid preamp even rocks a balanced line-level input. And the sound? Pure magic - at once characterful, supremely detailed, and gloriously euphonic.
Classic American tube EQ
Retro Powerstrip's passive Pultec-style equalization looks, feels - and sounds like the sought-after classic. It even includes the classic boost and cut frequency selections: LF Boost/Cut at 20, 30, 60, and 100Hz; HF Boost at 1.5, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, and 16kHz. You can switch the highpass filter between 40 and 90Hz, and it also delivers peaking LF boosts with alternative tonal characteristics, which can be a welcome compliment to vocals and acoustic instruments. Want to A/B what the EQ is doing to your signal? Just flip the bypass switch.
British variable-mu compression
The compression circuit in the Retro Powerstrip is of the venerable British tube variable-mu variety (think: vintage EMI) The circuit includes six switchable attack/release time constants and a 4-position-selectable side-chain filter switch with Off, 90Hz, 250Hz, and Comp Out (bypass) settings. Need more gain reduction? No threshold control is provided, so you simply dial up your input level. With the compressor in bypass, the input control still controls the input gain. It's a simple, classic setup, and it works. Exceedingly well.
Retro Powerstrip Features
- Transformer-coupled Class A tube microphone preamplifier with phantom power
- Pultec-style passive EQ with authentic feel, controls and equalization curves
- Classic British-style compression using a variable-mu tube design
- Front panel 1/4" instrument jack
- Rear panel XLR mic and line inputs and line output
- I/O is fully floating transformer-balanced to eliminate ground-induced hum and noise
- Interstage-coupled Subsonic Highpass Filter
- LF Boost settings: 20, 30, 60, and 100Hz
- Complementary LF Cut settings at 20, 30, 60, and 100Hz
- HF Boost settings: 1.5kHz, 3kHz, 4kHz, 5kHz, 6kHz, 8kHz, 10kHz, 12kHz, 14kHz, and 16kHz
- Complementary HF Cut Settings at 5kHz, 10kHz, and 20kHz
- Six selectable compressor attack/release time constants
- 90/250Hz compressor highpass sidechain filter
- Easily recallable 100-position knob scales
- The compressor and equalizer can be independently bypassed
- Phase reversal switch
- Front-panel meter zero adjustment
- IEC power inlet with 120/240VAC 50/60Hz power mains standard
- Ability to use current production and new-old-stock tubes
- Tube enthusiasts have many options and tonal variations
- Tube changes require no alignment
- The instrument input loops to a rear panel jack for stage amplifier
- Rear-panel line-level XLR out and low-level balanced output for processed stage amplifier
- Design minimizes tube heat generation
- High-stability components used throughout
- Steel chassis built to last
- Hand-crafted in Retro's Northern California factory
Record the magic - with the Retro Powerstrip!
|Condition||Sealed / New|
|Delivered Price||Shown at checkout|
Look no further than AudioDubai when buying gear online in the United Arab Emirates , always at the lowest price with free shipping to all locations serviced by FEDEX UAE. Please contact us for stock availability , price quotes , expedited shipping quotes or to arrange a return of your (for the full purchase price of ). You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. AudioDubai are very proud to carry a large selection of gear. You demand quality, reliability, and innovative design from your gear, and we're here to help you find exactly what you need. We're glad to answer any questions you have and you can always depend on AudioDubai to give you the best possible value on musical instruments and accessories with responsive customer service.
All payments are processed securely by Paypal , offering both buyer and seller protection. Online orders are confirmed in stock and ready to ship before Paypal payment is completed. orders ship FEDEX and will require signature upon delivery. Orders are typically delivered within 4-5 business days following dispatch. Fedex tracking details are provided for all orders.
Import duty and taxes are due when importing goods into the United Arab Emirates , Saudi Arabia , Bahrain , Kuwait , Oman and Qatar. The valuation method is CIF (Cost, Insurance and Freight), which means that the import duty and taxes payable are calculated on the complete shipping value, which includes the cost of the imported goods + the cost of freight (Total ). No additional taxes or fees are levied on imports. Duty rates in UAE vary from 0% to 100%, with an average duty rate of 4.61%. There is no sales tax applicable on imports into the United Arab Emirates. Imports with a CIF value up to AED1000 are exempt from duty. There are no other taxes or fees charged on imports in UAE.
Free shipping throughout the UAE , Dubai , Abu Dhabi , Qatar , Kuwait , Bahrain , Oman and Saudi Arabia.
|Order Value (Before Tax)||Tax + Duty (Approx)||~Total (Delivered)|
orders are shipped from our warehouse in the US and maybe subject to import taxes/duties applied by customs in Dubai , Abu Dhabi etc. The import tax in the UAE is imposed by the United Arab Emirates / Dubai Customs.
To ensure 100% customer satisfaction , AudioDubai offer a 14 day return policy and price matching. Our knowledgeable staff are here to help with queries you may have about the , prices in the United Arab Emirates , stock availability etc. We will help you to select from the best products available. Contact our experts to find the best product to suit your style or buy the at the best price in the United Arab Emirates. Make your shopping experience a wonderful one with AudioDubai!