Two Matched Ribbon Mics in One Body!
The Royer SF-12 stereo coincident ribbon microphone combines high quality audio performance with outstanding stereo separation and imaging. It is a modern ribbon design with no audible diffraction effects or cavity resonance.
Royer SF-12 stereo ribbon microphone
- Two matched ribbon mics in one body
- Superb transient response from low-mass ribbons
- Stereo recording at its finest for any application
Two matched ribbon mics in one body
The Royer SF-12 is actually two matched ribbon microphones placed one above the other and fixed at a 90-degree angle. This arrangement allows for Blumlein and M-S recording with one microphone, as well as excellent monaural compatibility when summing the two ribbon elements to mono. The SF-12's frequency response is excellent regardless of the angle of sound striking the ribbons and off-axis coloration is negligible. The Royer SF-12's extension cable comes with an adapter which splits into separate left and right XLR connectors, labeled "upper" and "lower."
Superb transient response from low-mass ribbons
The Royer SF-12's two 1.8-micron ribbons are of pure (99.99%) aluminum and provide superb transient response due to their low mass. Each of the Royer SF-12's two ribbon transducers incorporate "cross-field" motor assemblies (patent pending) which are comprised of four powerful Neodymium magnets and Permendur iron pole-pieces. This crossfield design delivers excellent high frequency response due to the extremely short path between the front and rear (sides) of the ribbon elements. The microphone's case is ingot iron and forms part of the magnetic return circuit, an effective system with low leakage flux which accounts for the relatively high sensitivity in a trim package.
Stereo recording at its finest for any application
Trust the Royer SF-12 to provide flawless reproduction of any stereo source. It's especially well suited to capture large sections and ensembles with outstanding clarity and imaging. The SF-12 is ideal for percussion instruments, acoustic guitars, and other plucked strings
Royer SF-12 Recommended Applications
- Stereo & distance miking
- Choir, orchestra, string sections
- Drum overheads, room miking
- Percussion instruments
- Brass instruments, horn sections
- Woodwind instruments
- Stereo acoustic piano, harp
- Acoustic guitar, mandolin, stringed instruments
Royer SF-12 stereo ribbon mic Features
- True stereophonic (Blumlein and M-S) recording from one microphone
- No internal active electronics to overload or produce distortion up to maximum SPL rating.
- Extremely low residual noise
- Ribbon elements unaffected by heat or humidity
- Absence of high frequency peaks, "ringing" and phase shifts
- Equal sensitivity from front and back of elements
- Very low magnetic leakage
- High efficiency toroid matching transformers and gold plated output connector
Royer SF-12 Ribbon Microphone Tech Specs
- Microphone Type Ribbon
- Mono/Stereo Crossed Figure-8
- Polar Pattern Dual Figure 8, Bluemlein, M-S
- Ribbon Type 1.8-micron Aluminum
- Frequency Response 30Hz-15kHz
- Max SPL 130dB
- Output Impedance 300 ohms
- Connector 5-Pin XLR
- Weight 0.81 lbs.
Following checkout you will receive a Paypal invoice if your order is in stock or readily available with the manufacturer. Your Paypal account , credit card or debit card will not be charged if your order is not in stock or available with the manufacturer. In stock orders are shipped within 1-2 business days (FEDEX tracking details provided). Un-stocked orders require a special order from the manufacturer and ship within 7-10 business days.
The includes a 1 Year return to base warranty. This warranty applies to all equipment which has developed a manufacturer defect during application. Please contact us to confirm the availability and lowest price for any product. For quotes and price matching requests, contact us and include the competing website address.
|Condition||Sealed / New|
Contact us for stock availability , price quotes , expedited shipping quotes or to arrange a return of your (for the full purchase price of ). You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. AudioDubai are very proud to carry a large selection of gear. You demand quality, reliability, and innovative design from your gear, and we're here to help you find exactly what you need. We're glad to answer any questions you have and you can always depend on AudioDubai to give you the best possible value on musical instruments and accessories with responsive customer service.