Rupert Neve Designs Portico 5015 Microphone Preamp/Compressor at a Glance
- Two great Portico components in one half-rack chassis
- Premium preamp
- Impressive compressor
- Low noise, high performance
With independent transformer-coupled mic preamp and compressor-limiter sections identical to those found in the 5012 and 5043 modules, the fully analogue Portico 5015 combines the outstanding sound quality expected from a Rupert Neve design with the total flexibility required by modern recording studios. When used with the 5033 five band EQ it is possible to create a Portico channel strip with preamplification, dynamics processing and equalization. As an additional routing option, the mic pre output may be routed directly to the compressor section without patching by pressing the "To Compressor" switch.
The microphone preamp portion of the 5015 sports Neve's custom input and output transformer designs for a sound that's strikingly similar to that of classic Neve consoles. It's equipped with individually selectable phase, mute, phantom power, and a fully sweepable highpass filter, along with a "Silk" circuit, which enhances the sound, adding warmth and presence.
The 5015 has fully variable threshold, ratio, attack, release and makeup gain with two selectable VCA modes that provide for exceptional control of any source material. In order to control gain, a V.C.A. or Voltage Controlled Amplifier (or Attenuator) is used. The compressor in the Portico 5015 makes use of a very accurate, low noise, low distortion V.C.A. having, essentially, no signature of its own.
Low noise, high performance
All Portico modules use input and output transformers and, almost entirely discrete component amplifiers. In fact the Line amplifiers on their own, inserted into the signal chain, are capable of enhancing the sonic quality of many signal sources, especially those of digital origin. These are some of the factors that enable, the Portico 5043, to work so unobtrusively within the context of a very high quality audio chain.
Rupert Neve Designs Portico 5015 Preamp/Compressor Features Preamp
- Input: Balanced, using "Transformer-Like-Amplifier" (T.L.A.) with toroidal Common Mode Rejection Low Pass Filter
- Input Impedance: 10,000 Ohms + or - 20%
- High Pass Filter: Swept Frequency continuously variable from 20Hz to 250Hz.
- Slope: 12dB/Octave.
- Gain: Switched Gain from Unity to +66dB in 6dB steps.
- "Trim": Continuously adjustable potentiometer from -6dB to +6dB with reference to setting on the Gain Switch.
- Balanced and Floating Transformer Output from 20Hz to 40kHz: +25 dBu. (Clips at just over +26 dBu)
- Mute: Mutes Main Output only. (i.e. Monitor remains "Live")
- Gain Range: Continuously variable from -6dB to +20dB.
- Threshold Range: Continuously variable from -36dB to +22dB.
- Ratio Range: Continuously variable from 1.1:1 to "Limit" (40:1).
- Attack Range: Continuously variable from 20mS to 75mS
- Release Range: Continuously variable from 100mS to 2.5 Seconds.
- FF/FB: Feed-Forward or Feed-Back VCA control.
- External 15V Supply included with every Portico Series module.
The includes a 1 Year return to base warranty. This warranty applies to all equipment which has developed a manufacturer defect during application. Please contact us to confirm the availability and lowest price for any product. For quotes and price matching requests, contact us and include the competing website address.
|Condition||Sealed / New|
|Delivered Price||Shown at checkout|
Look no further than AudioDubai when buying gear online in the United Arab Emirates , always at the lowest price with free shipping to all locations serviced by FEDEX UAE. Please contact us for stock availability , price quotes , expedited shipping quotes or to arrange a return of your (for the full purchase price of ). You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. AudioDubai are very proud to carry a large selection of gear. You demand quality, reliability, and innovative design from your gear, and we're here to help you find exactly what you need. We're glad to answer any questions you have and you can always depend on AudioDubai to give you the best possible value on musical instruments and accessories with responsive customer service.