The Tascam DR-680MKII Digital Recorder features 6 mic/line inputs and digital input channels which allow simultaneous recording of up to 8 tracks at 96 kHz/24-bit. Featuring 6 XLR/TRS inputs with phantom power, and a digital input for versatility. Record live music with multiple mics, capture sound effects in surround, or document film shoots or events with multiple microphones.
When you don't need the digital input, a two-channel mix can be recorded to tracks 7 and 8. The internal monitoring mix can be recorded as a stereo track, with completely separate level and pan settings from the 6 independent tracks. Share a stereo mix immediately, while retaining the multitrack version for mix down
TASCAM premium HDDA (High Definition Discrete Architecture) mic preamps
Microphone preamps have a significant impact on the quality of the recorded audio. The DR-680MKII has HDDA mic preamps - designed by TASCAM with carefully selected components. Each HDDA mic preamp is built with a differential amplification circuit that employs discrete architecture, and made with parts selected for their audio quality. These preamps also provide +48V phantom power.
8-channels recording at 96kHz/24-bit (6 tracks + stereo mix track) or 2 tracks at 192kHz/24-bit
In addition to WAV format, this unit also records in BWF format - which stores the recording start times in the metadata. Using the WAV/BWF format, the DR-680KII can record 8 channels at 96kHz/24-bit (6 tracks + stereo track) or 2 tracks at 192kHz/24-bit.
Simultaneous recording of 4 channels in MP3 format possible
Recording of MP3 files with up to 4 channels is also possible at 96, 128, 192 and 320 kbps. This allows efficient control of files sizes when in situations requiring long recording times. Stereo or mono file can be selected for file type.
Digital output and 6 unbalanced line outputs
The unit has a built-in coaxial digital input and output (S/PDIF, AES/EBU) and 6 unbalanced line outputs. By connecting a mixer to the outputs, this unit can be used as a 6-track playback device.
Mid-side mic decoding mode
The built-in mid-side decoder enables use with mid-side stereo mics. The 1-2, 3-4 and 5-6 channel pairs can each be set separately. Decoding is possible during recording or when monitoring.
The Cascade function allows transport control of multiple units using a master unit.
When using the cascade function, the master unit controls the REC/PAUSE start (front of unit) and the STOP and PLAY/PAUSE keys (on the top) from multiple DR-680mkII units at the same time.
GANG function allows the input gain of multiple channels to be operated simultaneously
The GANG function allows multiple linked channels to be controlled at the same time on the TRIM, PAN and LEVEL screens.
Rugged, compact construction provides excellent resistance to vibration and environmental conditions
SD, SDHC and SDXC cards are used as recording and playback media, and the compact form offers excellent vibration resistance. Along with the included shoulder strap, this unit has a built-in folding stand for tabletop use, making operation easy in a variety of situations.
- SD/SDHC/SDXC cards used as recording/playback media
- 6 balanced mic/line inputs (1-4: XLR/TRS combo jacks, 5-6: TRS jacks)
- 6 unbalanced outputs (RCA pin jacks)
- COAXIAL digital input and output (S/PDIF, AES/EBU)
- Recording/playback formats: BWF, WAV, and MP3
- With BWF format, recording starting times can be stored in files
- 8-track recording at 24-bit/96kHz (BWF, WAV)
- 6 mic/line inputs and stereo mix recording or 6 mic/line input and digital stereo recording
- Record MP3 files at 96, 128, 192 and 320 kbps
- Record 4-channel MP3 files
- From 4 mic/line inputs (XLR/TRS combo jacks) or 2 mic/line inputs and digital stereo inputs
- 2-track recording at 24-bit/192kHz (BWF, WAV)
- From 2 mic/line inputs or digital stereo inputs
- Digital inputs and outputs support double speed 96 kHz and quad speed 192 kHz
- Sampling frequencies: 44.1, 48, 96, 192 kHz (BWF, WAV) 44.1, 48 kHz (MP3)
- Quantization bit depth: 16/24-bit (BWF, WAV)
- 6 channels of TASCAM HDDA mic preamps for high audio quality with 48V phantom power
- Limiter and low-cut filter available on each mic/line input
- Built-in stereo monitoring mixer for headphone mix and/or recording
- Dual recording function allows two files to be recorded simultaneously at different levels
- GANG function allows the input gain of multiple channels to be operated simultaneously
- Pre-recording function allows the capture of audio two seconds before recording is started
- Automatic recording function can start and stop recording automatically in response to the input signal level (48, 24, 12 or 6 dB)
- Even when multiple tracks are used, all recordings made at the same time can be managed as a single take/file
- Up to 1000 takes and 5000 files can be recorded on a single card
- Mark function can be used to move to specific points (up to 99 marks per take)
- Wheel can be used to change the playback position
- Repeat playback function
- Cascade function allows transport control of multiple DR-680MKII units using a master unit
- File name format can be set to use a user-defined word or the date
- High-speed transfer of files to a computer using USB 2.0
- 12864-dot matrix display with backlight
- Built-in mono speaker with 500mW output
- Headphone output and level control (50mW+50mW/ 32ohm)
- Powered by 8 AA batteries or the included AC adapter
- USB cable and shoulder strap included
- Folding stand convenient for tabletop use
Following checkout you will receive a Paypal invoice if your order is in stock or readily available with the manufacturer. Your Paypal account , credit card or debit card will not be charged if your order is not in stock or available with the manufacturer. In stock orders are shipped within 1-2 business days (FEDEX tracking details provided). Un-stocked orders require a special order from the manufacturer and ship within 7-10 business days.
The includes a 1 Year return to base warranty. This warranty applies to all equipment which has developed a manufacturer defect during application. Please contact us to confirm the availability and lowest price for any product. For quotes and price matching requests, contact us and include the competing website address.
|Condition||Sealed / New|
Contact us for stock availability , price quotes , expedited shipping quotes or to arrange a return of your (for the full purchase price of ). You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. AudioDubai are very proud to carry a large selection of gear. You demand quality, reliability, and innovative design from your gear, and we're here to help you find exactly what you need. We're glad to answer any questions you have and you can always depend on AudioDubai to give you the best possible value on musical instruments and accessories with responsive customer service.