TASCAM HD-P2 Features
- Records to convenient CompactFlash media at resolutions up to 24-bit and sample rates to 192kHz
- Transfer data fast to any Mac or PC via built-in FireWire connection
- Built-in Synchronization via full-featured timecode input
- Large angled LCD and intuitive user interface
- Onboard XLR mic inputs with phantom power, unbalanced RCA ins and outs plus S/PDIF digital I/O
One of the HD-P2's coolest features (in our humble opinion, of course) is its ability to record directly to readily available, highly cost effective CompactFlash media. Prices seem to drop weekly on these, making one gig CF cards surprisingly affordable. But it's the audio quality that will impress you the most, since the HD-P2 can record at 24-bit resolution and at sample rates of up to 192kHz. Sure, that might be overkill right now, but isn't it nice to know that a year from now, you won't have to retire the unit and buy something else? The HD-P2 is truly a portable recorder capable of delivering pristine audio at all resolutions and sample rates you might need for today and well into the future.
Convenient FireWire Connectivity for Fast Data Transfers
TASCAM made a really wise choice by including FireWire connectivity in the HD-P2. So whether you want to send some audio to a Mac or PC for fine-tuning (or even major edits), you won't spend time twiddling your thumbs while some sloth-like data transfers are in progress. As we all know, FireWire is super fast. Need to send your audio into a full-blown digital audio workstation? No problemo, dude. The HD-P2 has you covered.
The TASCAM HD-P2 comes standard with a full featured timecode input, making it the most affordable recorder with built-in timecode ever made. Incoming LTC is connected to the locking XLR input for timetamping your broadcast WAVE files from a central clock. The HD-P2 also "Chases" incoming timecode during playback for review or loading into an editor. A video clock input allows frame edge resolve to a central blackburst source or use as a lock-and-release timecode slave.
Large Angled LCD and Intuitive User Interface
Although the HD-P2 was designed for demanding film shoots and live concerts, it's still simple and affordable enough for use in everyday situations. The large, angled backlit LCD is uncluttered, yet it delivers all the information you need to get the job done. The angled display is easily read from a tabletop or when the unit is shoulder mounted. The user interface is straightforward - there's no steep learning curve, so you can begin using the HD-P2 almost immediately.
Onboard XLR Inputs Plus Unbalanced RCA and S/PDIF I/O
The HD-P2 is ready to work with you, using the accessories you choose. For use with today's premium quality microphones, the unit has balanced XLR inputs with phantom power, so you can actually take your better mics out in the field for the best results. There are also unbalanced RCA ins and outs for those times when you need to record an analog line-level signal. Finally, the HD-P2 has a digital S/PDIF I/O, allowing it to easily interface with almost any other digital audio device on the planet, like DAT machines, hard disk recorders and more!
TASCAM HD-P2 Features
- Stereo recording to Compact Flash media
- 44.1kHz to 192kHz sample rates at 16- or 24-bit resolution
- Time-stamped Broadcast WAVE file format is easily imported into DAW software and spotted into projects with sample accuracy
- Retake button allows user to re-do last recording with a single button press
- Audio files continually re-saved to safeguard against data loss
- Comprehensive system and transport control from the front panel or a PS/2 keyboard
- XLR mic inputs with phantom power and analog peak limiter
- Unbalanced stereo RCA I/O
- S/PDIF digital I/O
- Headphone output
- Built-in mono microphone and speaker for desktop interview applications
- Analog level controls for easy operation without the need to look at the unit
- FireWire interface for fast data transfer to a computer
- SMPTE/LTC timecode input on locking XLR balanced jack
- Timestamps Broadcast WAVE recordings from SMPTE input
- Chase locks to incoming SMPTE timecode
- Video clock input resolves to house clock
- Tri-level sync support for HDTV applications
- Includes Frame Lock, Lock and Release and flexible Freewheel settings for unpredictable timecode sources
- Pull-up and Pull-down sample rates included for video format compatibility
- Familiar tape machine-style layout and function
- Angled screen for table-top or shoulder strap use
- Large, uncluttered LCD display
- Shortcut keys and LED indicators for frequently-accessed functions
- Recessed Compact Flash slot
- Runs on (8) readily available AA batteries or DC power adapter
- Approximately 5.5 hours of operating time on battery power
The includes a 1 Year return to base warranty. This warranty applies to all equipment which has developed a manufacturer defect during application. Please contact us to confirm the availability and lowest price for any product. For quotes and price matching requests, contact us and include the competing website address.
|Condition||Sealed / New|
|Delivered Price||Shown at checkout|
Look no further than AudioDubai when buying gear online in the United Arab Emirates , always at the lowest price with free shipping to all locations serviced by FEDEX UAE. Please contact us for stock availability , price quotes , expedited shipping quotes or to arrange a return of your (for the full purchase price of ). You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. AudioDubai are very proud to carry a large selection of gear. You demand quality, reliability, and innovative design from your gear, and we're here to help you find exactly what you need. We're glad to answer any questions you have and you can always depend on AudioDubai to give you the best possible value on musical instruments and accessories with responsive customer service.
What is the process after I checkout?
Following checkout your order number will be generated and stock availability confirmed before a Paypal invoice is emailed to your registered email address. If your order is not in stock and cannot be shipped within 10 business days then your order will be cancelled. If your order is in stock or can be ordered from the manufacturer for FEDEX dispatch within 10 business days then we will email a Paypal invoice to complete payment.
Following checkout your Paypal invoice will be emailed to you within 24 hours if your entire is in stock or readily available with the manufacturer (Monday-Friday). You will receive a Paypal invoice (request for payment) from AudioBuy or from one of our shipping partners.
When do I pay?
You do not pay at checkout. If your order is in stock or readily available from the manufacturer then a Paypal payment request (invoice) will be emailed to you from AudioBuy or from one of our shipping partners. This is to ensure that we do not collect payment for orders which cannot be promptly dispatched and delivered.
Will my shipped order be delivered safely and securely?
All paid orders are shipped with FEDEX and are marked as "fragile" to ensure that your ordered items are securely and safely handled prior to final delivery. All orders are dispatched with protective casing and packaging to further protect your ordered item(s) during transit to your delivery address. All orders require signature upon delivery to ensure that your order is delivered to the correct recipient at the correct address , apartment number etc. If you are unavailable at the time of delivery your order will be held at the local FEDEX center and a calling card left at your delivery address to organise re-delivery or pickup.
How do I check for stock levels?
Email "firstname.lastname@example.org" to enquire about current stock levels for the . We aim to stock popular items at all times and are able to quickly order in products if they are currently not in stock. In the event of product backorder or product discontinuation your order will be cancelled and a payment request (Paypal) will not be processed.
What are our hours of operation?
Stock inventory and order related enquiries are monitored and responded to everyday excluding major public holidays (Monday-Sunday). Orders are physically shipped during standard FEDEX hours (Monday-Friday , excluding major public holidays). Paypal invoices for order processing are issued Monday-Friday excluding major public holidays.
When will my order be delivered?
Following Paypal payment your order will be FEDEX dispatched within 1-2 business days if your order is in stock. If your order is only in stock with the manufacturer then we will require up to 10 business days to FEDEX dispatch your order. After your order has been shipped we will email your FEDEX tracking number to the email address you provided during checkout / account sign-up. The average FEDEX transit time is 3-5 business days to most international locations.
Can you price match with another retailer?
Yes. Contact "email@example.com" with the product name and the competing website's URL. Our total price including FEDEX delivery is currently . When comparing prices with other retailers be aware that their prices may not include international or domestic FEDEX shipping costs.